Thursday, August 21, 2014

So Far So Awesome!

So far, school has been easy. My teachers and classmates are learning to understand my muffled speech, I'm on track as far as the small amount of work I have so far, I haven't caught "senioritis" yet, and I'm on a great schedule for when to take out my splint. I am on one hour and fifteen minutes out of my splint five times a day. Here is my break schedule!

6:30- Wake up, take out splint (1) and put in in retainer cleaner. Take morning vitamins. Do jaw exercises. Get ready for school, make breakfast (usually eggs), brush teeth and splint. Leave for school.
7:45- about 15 minutes into first period class. Put splint back in. (Teachers don't seem to mind as long as you fill them in on what is going on)
11:22- Lunch. Take splint out (2). Go to bathroom and do jaw exercises.
12:37- Halfway through sixth period. Put splint back in.
1:30- Halfway through ambassadors (show choir). Take splint out (3) if singing day, leave in if dance day.
2:45- Home. Snack and do jaw exercises. Put splint back in after snack. If it was dancing day, take out splint for 1:15 and snack.
6:30- Dinnertime. Take out splint. (4) Do jaw exercises.
7:45- Put splint back in.
9(ish)- Nightly FaceTime chats. Take splint out (5) and put it in retainer cleaner.
After 1:15 of FaceTime- Do jaw exercises, brush teeth and splint. Put splint back in. Listen to Dracula audiobook (for english class) for a chapter. Take a klonopin and GO TO BED! 

It looks really busy and confusing when i type it out, but really its a piece of cake. I'm just three days in and i don't even have to think about my new schedule anymore. 

My concerns:
My neck and upper back have been hurting lot since the start of school. I don't know if it is how i am sleeping, or having to look up at the board all day, or what. All I know is that all I want to do is heat my jaw and ice my back after a long day at school. (which i make time for while listening to my audiobook). 


So far this year is looking like a good one. :)

Xx



No comments:

Post a Comment