Saturday, August 16, 2014

Freak Out

So yesterday I had to babysit early in the morning. School starts on Tuesday, and I have some scheduling issues (due to surgery) that i need to work out, so i sopped by the school, and then went to Starbucks, then to babysit. I took my splint out to eat with the kids, then put it back in about 30 minutes before my hour was up. I got a call from my school, so I took out my splint and set it in my cup holder , and answered it, only to find out they they were calling to tell my that they will call me later on to wok out my schedule. ugh.

So I got home, feeling like a shower. I talked to my brother in the living room for a few minutes, said hi to my dad in his room, got my towel from my room, and hopped in the shower. As soon as I got out of the shower, my timer to put my splint back in went off. But where was my splint? I don't know.

I searched all over the bathroom, all over the kitchen, my dads room, my room (even cleaned it all up) and all around my car. In the console, in the cup holders, under the seats, under the CAR. EVERYWHERE! My mom came home and helped me look all over the house, and double checked the car.

We started losing hope. We decided to call the piper clinic (which is apparently closed at 3pm on a Friday) And had to call it in as an emergency. So we left a very shameful message about my misplacement of my splint, and continued out desperate search. I was literally freaking out. I was so scared. I have been so good about keeping track of my splint, and then, I just lost it. literally.

I ran out to my car for one last sweep, and did the whole search routine again. About to turn around and go inside, something made me turn around and go around to the passenger side again. I pulled out my phone flashlight and checked under the seat, AGAIN. But then... there it was. The one thing i never thought that i would be SO happy to see.

I ran inside, washed it about 8 times, and my mom and I called back the "urgent" line at Piper Clinic, and left a second, even more shameful message explaining the false alarm. OOPS.

The oral of the story is.. KEEP YOUR SPLINT IN A CASE! Even if you think that you're just putting it down for a second.

AND SMILE
Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment