Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Making Progress'

SO!

I am almost 6 months post-op. 6 MONTHS!!!!!!! I can't even believe it! Just wanted to make a post letting you know where I am at personally in recovery, and how I'm doing! (Just a reminder that not everyone will make the same progress and be at the same point in recovery at the same time. Everyone heals differently. Take your time and don't base your recovery off of other people's. You'll get there, I promise.


SPLINT SCHEDULE:

As of November 1st, I have to wear my splint 2 times a day, 2 hours each.

On December 1st, I get to move down to wearing my splint 1 time a day, for 2 hours.

On January 1st, I will wear my splint at bedtime, and whenever I feel I need to throughout the day. (driving, dancing, going to fairs or amusement parks, etc.)

EATING:

I am on a soft chew 1 time a day diet. Usually in the morning I will eat eggs. (I like them over medium so it makes them easier not to chew. Ive been eating that since I first got the surgery.)

For lunch, I am at school 5 days a week, and there is a microwave that is available to me by special request in the office because of surgery. Everyday i use the microwave and eat mac and cheese singles or ramen occasionally. I am going to try and find something a little bit healthier.

Dinner is usually when I use my soft chew. the rule is: "Anything softer than a meatball". So I chew things like pasta, soft bread, actual meatballs (lol), fish, SOME chicken if it is very tender, and anything of the sort.

PAIN&MEDS:

Because my severe TMJ was caused by whiplash, I still have a lot of neck and upper back pain. I heat my neck when it gets bad, and take ibuprofen when needed.

My jaw gets a little sore when I am out of my splint for an extended period, when I soft chew, when I sing and when I talk a lot (which is common). If it gets really bad I will take a klonopin before bedtime.

SO that's pretty much it. I'm living life like normal, hanging out, going on adventures, succeeding in school, and making future career plans of being a flight attendant, wooh :) Here's just some pictures of my dance partner and I at a performance, because I hate posting without a picture!
Xx


No comments:

Post a Comment