Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Good Words, Happy Thoughts!

So just before my jaw locked up, i went to the dentist and thy told me i had a few cavities that they needed to take care of. Well, shortly after my jaw locked, making it nearly impossibly for them to get in there and fill the cavities without causing extreme pain to me. My mom just made an appointment to go to the dentist on Monday for a consultation to see what work needs to be done (before the surgery happens) and how to go about doing it. Now I'm only repeating what mother told me, and what i was told is that I'm probably going to be sedated to get my cavities filled. We're going to call Dr. Piper today, and see if the dental work will mess with my jaw too much, pre-surgery, but the dental work does need to get done somehow.

ALSO! My mom was talking to our dentist, Dr. Selby, (who is an AMAZING guy btw) and told him about the TMJ surgery I'm going to be having with Dr. Piper in 3 short weeks, and you know what he said? he said that Dr. Piper is the best TMJ surgeon in the WORLD, and if my TMJ can be fixed, he will fix it. I mean, i never doubted that for a second. All the Piper reviews we're getting from everyone are amazing. From people on blogs and answer websites, to the people we met in his office, to doctors we've been seeing for years, EVERYONE seems to have something good to say about Dr. Piper. I realize how blessed i am to be living only a short hour away from his office, when people are traveling to him from Australia and China! Of course, I am still nervous about the surgery, But the reassuring words we are hearing from every direction are soothing my worries.

I'll let you guys know what they end up doing for my dental work! XO :)

No comments:

Post a Comment